The excavations at the Ness of Brodgar would not be possible without support of the past and present landowners Arnie and Ola Tait, and Carol and the late John Hoey.
The dig could not have even started without their help and encouragement, and we much appreciate everything they’ve all done for the Ness over the years.
We would also like to thank the small army of volunteers from all over the world who have given of their time & energy – we could not run the Ness without them.
A big thank-you to YOU the public for your generous on site donations – this is an important part of our fundraising effort every year.
Many companies large & small, local, national & international have helped fund the excavation over the years and we would like to thank them all!
Some of our sponsors can now be found on our Corporate Sponsorship page, but our past and present supporters include (in alphabetical order):
- The Anthony Cerami & Ann Dunne Foundation for World Health
- Britten Foundation
- British Academy
- Co-op Kirkwall
- Currie Brothers
- Far Horizons Archaeological and Cultural Trips
- Firth & Stenness Community Council
- Highland Industrial Supplies
- Historic Scotland
- LEADER European Fund
- Lidl Kirkwall
- NorthLink Ferries
- Ola Gorie Jewellery
- Orkney Archaeology Society
- Orkney Archaeology Tours
- Orkney Builders
- Orkney College University of Highlands and Islands
- Orkney Heritage Society
- Orkney Islands Council
- Orkney Research Centre for Archaeology
- Red’s Orkney Tours
- Robert Kiln Trust
- Royal Archaeological Institute
- Russell Trust
- Sheila Fleet Jewellery
- Talisman Sinopec
- Tesco Kirkwall